Your baby's skin is very thin and very sensitive, so it makes sense to be extra careful regarding the products you use to moisturise with.So why not learn how to make your own, no need for those unnecessary off the shelf ingredients.This wonderful lotion contains organic coconut oil, sunflower oil and Shea Butter, deionised water, olive derived emulsifier. and naticide a natural alternative to preservatives.Our recipe bag contains everything you need to make you baby lotion and an amber pump dispensing bottle.
Why not also make some healing nappy balm too.
1. Place the Organic Sunflower, coconut oil & olive derived emulsifier in a double Boiler until melted. Temperature should be 140 degrees.
2. In another double boiler put in the water and whisk in the xanthan gum until thickened and heat to the same temperature as the oil mix.
3. Once the oils and emulsifier are completely melted remove both bowl from the heat. To the oil mix add the shea butter and stir until melted (shea butter should not be overheated or it can go grainy).
4. You are now ready to blend the 2 mixtures together, Using a stick blender start whisking the water mix whilst slowly adding the oil mixture, it will turn a yellow creamy colour. Keep mixing for about 2 minutes.
5. Leave to cool to about 40 - 50 degrees and then add the naticide and essential oil, whisk again until completely blended.
6. Put into your Jar and leave to cool with top off for an hour and replace lid. Your organic baby lotions now ready.
Keep in cool place.
Organic sunflower oil,
Organic shea butter,
Olive derived emulsifier